The Animal Humane Society of New York is the largest provider of animal services in the New York City metropolitan area. Our mission is to bring people and pets together, advance pet adoption, prevent pet cruelty, and promote animal health. The Animal Humane Society of New York has been serving animals since 1889. Today they are a leading advocate for pets in danger of abuse or neglect. The organization’s work includes operating three pet adoption centers in the greater New York City area, as well as housing a team of veterinarians and pet care counselors who provide complimentary veterinary care and behavior counseling for pets living at risk of being surrendered to shelters. The staff also provides direct services to more than 5,000 animals every year through our Spay/Neuter Project, Foster Me Program, Pet Food Pantry and other programs. All the work that they do is provided free of charge with funding from partners.
Why you should support the Humane Society of New York?
The Animal Humane Society is a pioneer in the field of preventive animal care and pet adoption, leading the way in pet services and spay/neuter programs. They have been providing pet care and education services to New York City animals and owners since 1889, and they’re still going strong today. They’re the largest provider of animal services in the New York City metropolitan area, serving more than 5,000 animals every year, including 3,000 dogs and 2,000 cats. The Humane Society of New York helps animals who have been abused or neglected and animals who have been surrendered by their owners due to hardship. They provide shelter, food, medical care and loving attention. They also help pet owners who can’t afford veterinary care for their animals by providing low-cost spay/neuter surgeries, pet food and other services.
The Humane Society of New York’s adoption services help more than 10,000 animals find new homes each year. They have three adoption centers (Manhattan, East Meadow and Long Island) which are open daily. They also provide on-site mobile adoption events at various locations across the city. Their adoption services include a team of expert veterinarians who provide complimentary pet healthcare services at every adoption center. The adoption counselors also provide pet behavior counseling services to help families select the right pet for their lifestyles and homes. Their adoption services also include a Pet Food Pantry, which distributes free pet food to low-income families and senior citizens who feed their cats and dogs. They also provide free spay/neuter surgeries to select groups of pet owners, including senior citizens and veterans.
Vet Care Services
The Humane Society of New York’s preventive care and wellness services help thousands of animals stay healthy each year. They provide complimentary wellness exams, vaccinations, microchipping and other services to pets whose families are experiencing financial hardship. They also help owners keep their pets healthy by distributing educational materials and running public education programs on topics like pet safety, pet nutrition and pet first aid.
The Humane Society of New York’s prevention services help prevent pets from being abused or neglected. They provide free training and behavioral assistance for pet owners and their animals. They also provide intervention services to pets that are living in dangerous situations, including access to veterinary care, shelter and other services.
Pet Food Pantry
The Pet Food Pantry distributes free pet food to low-income families and senior citizens who feed their cats and dogs. They also accept donations of pet food for use by other organizations that help feed homeless animals.
Other services and programs provided by the Animal Humane Society of New York.
- Spay/neuter initiatives: The Humane Society of New York distributes free spay/neuter surgeries to select groups of pet owners, including seniors and veterans, and also provides low-cost spay/neuter surgeries to other pet owners. They also provide community outreach and public education on the importance of spay/neuter.
- Foster Me: This is a program that helps pets at risk of being surrendered to shelters due to health problems or behavioral issues. The Humane Society of New York provides shelter, food, veterinary care, training and other services to help these animals overcome their issues so that they can be adopted into new homes.
- Pet first aid and safety programs: The Humane Society of New York provides public education on topics like pet first aid, pet safety and pet nutrition. They also offer free first aid training to pet owners.
- Emergency veterinary assistance: The Humane Society of New York provides emergency veterinary care for pets whose owners are experiencing financial hardship.
- Humane education programs: The Humane Society of New York provides free pet adoptions and humane education programs for kids, seniors and other groups.
- Pet death prevention: The Humane Society of New York provides pet death prevention information to help owners avoid the trauma of losing a beloved animal.
How to Help?
The Humane Society of New York’s mission is to bring people and pets together, advance pet adoption, prevent pet cruelty, and promote animal health. You can help them achieve their mission by donating or becoming a volunteer or foster parent. You can also spread awareness about their work by telling your friends and family about their important work. You can also participate in their annual Walk For Animals event to help raise funds and awareness for their important work. You can also support their work by purchasing products from their online store. They have everything from T-shirts and mugs to pet toys and gift cards. All proceeds go toward the Humane Society of New York’s important animal welfare programs.